Welcoming Overseas Visitors – customer service and cultural awareness training
Welcoming Overseas Visitors is a highly practical customer service training course aimed at anyone looking to welcome overseas visitors to the South West. The course will help participants to communicate successfully and provide an exceptional customer service experience to international visitors.
The objectives of the training programme are to enable participants to:
- understand the importance of overseas visitors
- identify who visits South West England
- deliver world-class service to overseas visitors
- develop pro-active communication skills
- use meet and greet phrases in other languages
- identify and meet cultural expectations
- tackle difficult situations effectively
- promote your organisation and boost business from overseas visitors
- take action to improve the quality of the visitor experience
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE:
This one-day course brings you inspiring presentation by our experienced facilitators, valuable tips and the opportunity for group discussion and individual action planning.
Welcoming Overseas Visitors covers
- Why are we here?
- The importance of overseas visitors to the South West
Welcoming the world
- Where do our visitors come from?
- Why do visitors choose the South West?
- What do we have to offer?
- Travelling to the South West
Delivering a world-class service
- What is service excellence?
- Creating a positive impression
- Using your product and destination knowledge
- Meeting practical and emotional needs
- Working as an effective team
Connecting with overseas visitors
- The communication process
- Choosing words to inspire confidence and build trust
- Using your voice
- Body language
- Listening and questioning techniques
- Providing information and advice
- The languages of our visitors
- Greeting overseas visitors
- Using simple words and phrases
- Providing written information
Meeting cultural expectations
- What is culture?
- Cultural awareness
- Avoiding stereotypes
- Providing food and drink
Dealing with difficult situations
- Dissatisfied customers
- Avoiding misunderstandings
- Handling a complaint
- Gaining and using visitor feedback
Boosting sales to overseas visitors
- Acting as an ambassador
- Promoting events
- Encouraging repeat business
- Attracting more overseas visitors
- Improving the quality of the visitor experience
- Developing an action plan
Open courses are organised according to demand around the region. These courses are ideal for smaller businesses or for larger businesses only requiring training for a small number of staff. One advantage of attending an open course is the opportunity to meet and discuss ideas with other participants from a variety of backgrounds.
In-house courses can be run for a company or several companies, colleges, associations or groups. In-house courses offer a great opportunity to tailor the content to a specific business.
It is also possible to deliver training through your own team by participating in the ‘train the trainer’ scheme. This can give you extra flexibility as well as making sure the training is totally geared to your own business needs. Successful participants receive full trainer support materials and a trainer certificate.
“Great course, interactive, captivating and informative”
“Very good – informative, yet remained fun and interactive”
“Brilliant Day – Great fun way to learn skills and awareness”