Welcoming International Customers – customer service and cultural awareness training
Welcoming International Customers helps participants to communicate successfully and provide an exceptional customer service experience to international visitors and UK residents from different ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
You will look at:
- key visitor trends for incoming tourists
- what is culture and why intercultural skills are needed
- how cutlure impacts on customer service encounters
- how to work effectively with language differences
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE:
The course is aimed at instilling a good understanding of how to provide a world class welcome to visitors from key international markets.
The course brings you inspiring presentation by our experienced facilitators, valuable tips and the opportunity for group discussion and individual action planning.
Welcoming International Customers covers:
- Overview and objectives
2. Our international customers
- Key international visitor trends
- The importance of overseas visitors to Britain and your business
- Where do your international visitors come from?
3. Culture and customer service
- What is culture?
- Why does culture matter in customer service?
- Avoiding assumptions and stereotyping
4. Welcoming our international customers
- What makes a great welcome?
- Improving Britain’s welcome
- Greeting international visitors – tips and guidelines
- How welcoming are your facilities and services?
- Going the extra mile
5. Communicating with our international customers
- Different ways of communicating
- Keeping up to date in the global marketplace
- Translation options and social media opportunities
- Working effectively with language differences
6. Everyday practicalities
- Meeting international customer’s expecatations
- Essential business tips and guidelines
7. Now it’s up to you
- Enhancing your knowledge
- Action planning
Open courses are organised according to demand around the region. These courses are ideal for smaller businesses or for larger businesses only requiring training for a small number of staff. One advantage of attending an open course is the opportunity to meet and discuss ideas with other participants from a variety of backgrounds.
In-house courses can be run for a company or several companies, colleges, associations or groups. In-house courses offer a great opportunity to tailor the content to a specific business.
It is also possible to deliver training through your own team by participating in the ‘train the trainer’ scheme. This can give you extra flexibility as well as making sure the training is totally geared to your own business needs. Successful participants receive full trainer support materials and a trainer certificate.
“Thought-provoking and motivating”
“Helpful to see how other cultures look at things differently”
“Has made me think about how I can improve international visitors visits”
“Engaging course which answered all questions in an exciting and relaxed way”
“Brill, informative, knowledgeable”
“The course was very thought provoking and I felt I learnt a lot”
“A great course to make you think more objectively about all our visitors”
“Beneficial triggering ideas about what we need to improve”
“Good at broadening knowledge of cultural requirements”